This unique course provides a framework for your clinical practice to assess and treat central pain mechanism. Learn practical applications and exercise design to address central and peripheral components of pain. This course will give you a way to design a custom program for your patient using best evidence and clinical skill. No prerequisites, no internal component.
Through completion of this course, participants will:
• Define central sensitization and how to clinically assess for central contribution to chronic pain.
• Understand a new framework for treating persistent pain that expands on your current clinical skills (from new grad to seasoned clinician)
• Explain how to incorporate pain biology education in to your practice using accurate language and metaphors
• Demonstrate treatment techniques that specifically target the nervous system to decrease pain.
• Explain how to design a treatment program that is well balanced for peripheral and central contributors to persistent pain.
This course has been approved for 14.25 CE hours by the Illinois Physical Therapy Association - Approval 647-6441
This course has been approved for 14.25 CE hours by the Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association - Approval 16484
This course content is not intended for use by participants outside the scope of their license or regulation